Free Baggage Allowance and Baggage Fees for flights within Saudi Arabia
- Guest Class passengers are entitled to carry one piece of luggage weighing 25 kg (55lbs) maximum.
- First Class & Business Class passengers are entitled to carry two pieces of luggage, each weighing 25 kg (55lbs) maximum.
- All SAUDIA ALFURSAN (Gold/Silver) members and SkyTeam (Elite Plus / Elite) members are allowed to carry one extra piece not exceeding 23 kg (50lbs) in addition to the free allowed checked in baggage according to the traveling class.
If any piece of luggage weighs more than 25 kg (55lbs), with maximum of 32KG (70lbs) the passenger will be requested to redistribute the contents of the luggage in order for the total weight to fall within the limits. If the number of pieces of luggage exceeds the weight limit, the passenger will be requested to pay a fee of SAR140 for each piece over the limit.
Similarly, if the number of pieces is over the limit but their total weight is within the limits, a SAR140 fee will be applied to each piece.
The standard dimensions for all bags should not exceed 62 inch or 158 cm for Domestic Flights.
Extra baggage fees
- 140 SAR will be collected for each extra piece that is more than what is allowed for every travel class.
- 140 SAR is collected, in case the baggage exceeds the dimensions of (158 cm but less than 205 cm).
- If the baggage exceeds 23KG (50lbs), then the passenger is requested to rearrange his/her baggage belongings until it reaches the allowed weight.
- If the piece’s dimensions are more than 205 cm, and can’t be divided, then it has to be shipped via cargo.
- In case baggage exceeds allowed number of pieces for each class, but falls within allowed weight, then 140 SAR is collected for each extra piece.
Allowed free baggage
Free Baggage Allowance and Baggage Fees for International flights
* All 6th freedom passengers from/to USA and Canada are allowed to carry 2 pieces for all classes.
Note: checked baggage on Saudia flights departing to USA stations (New York (JFK), Washington D.C. (IAD), Los Angeles (LAX)) and Canada (Toronto (YYZ)) from (Riyadh (RUH)) must be sealed using safe wrap prior to acceptance on the flight.
- The patient should provide a copy of the medical report with the hospital stamp (MEDIF 935-6493). It should be approved by Saudia explaining that the passenger is a Renal Failure patient and signed by the specialized doctor.
- Extra baggage isn’t granted in the following cases: flights operated by other airlines, SAUDIA PRIVATE AVIATION, NEGO, and Promotional Fares.
- The patient to ensure that all of the solutions are packed in bags or special containers preventing liquid leakage and being put in easy held containers so that customer service agents at the airport can receive the baggage & accept it.
- In case the passenger exceeds the number of free baggage allowed, then the rest is being dealt with as excess baggage (fees are applied)
Pieces / weight on free baggage allowance
- When issuing an international ticket on First/Business classes, free baggage allowance should be (2PCs) and should not exceed 32 kg (70 lbs).
- When issuing an international ticket on economy classes, and free baggage allowance shown in the ticket as (2PCs) , the piece should not exceed 23 kg (50 lbs). an extra $60 CAD/USD should be charged as extra allowance on checked-in bags if over 23 kg (50 lbs) up to 32 kg (70 lbs).
- Free baggage allowance for infant is 10 kg (22 lbs).
- Gold/Silver AlFursan members & SkyTeam Elite/Elite Plus members are allowed an extra piece not exceed 32 kg (70 lbs) when travelling on First & Business classes and not to exceed 23 kg (50 lbs) if travelling on Guest class.
For routes working with aircrafts of A320, which is equipped with an extra fuel tank, then all extra pieces will maintain 23 kg (50 lbs) for all classes and guests due to weight limitation.
The standard dimensions for all bags should not exceed 62 inch or 158 cm for international flights.
Excess Baggage Charges
A. Online Purchase*
B. Purchase at the Airport (Offline)
- Excess baggage piece should not exceed 23 kg (50 lbs) and within the Standard Dimension 158cm (62in).
- An additional $60 USD will be added if pieced exceed 23 kg (50 lbs) up to 32 kg (70 lbs) max.
- Oversized baggage which (cannot be separated) up to 45kgs (99 lbs) can be accepted provided prior arrangement is made with the carrier, and an additional USD100$ should be charged if the piece is exceeds the maximum weight 32KG (70 lbs) to be (60+100) per piece with maximum weight of 45KG (99 lbs) Pieces exceeding 45kgs (99 lbs) are not acceptable as checked baggage and must be shipped as cargo.
- EXCEPT flight from/ to the United States, Canada and Europe Maximum allowance per passenger 32 KG (70 lbs). Pieces exceeding 32kgs (70 lbs) are not be acceptable as checked baggage and must be shipped as cargo.
- A USD100$ should be charged if the piece exceeds the Standard Dimension of 157cm (62 in.) up to a maximum of 205cm (80 in). Pieces exceeding 205cm (80 in.) are not acceptable as checked baggage and must be shipped as cargo
- All fees will be collected with local currencies or its equivalent.
Excess Baggage from Guangzhou including 6th freedom:
* Fees apply for each additional piece.
Allowed free baggage:
Pre-Paid online Excess Baggage Charges*
Now you can purchase additional baggage for your trip for certain destinations through our website by using your credit card and get a discounted rate upto 40%.
In case of purchasing an additional baggage, a voucher will be issued for each additional bag noting the following will apply:
- The validity of the voucher is for one year from the date of issuance
- Extra baggage vouchers refund, re-issuance and re-routing are not allowed.
- In the event of no show, the guest will lose full value of the extra baggage voucher.
- This service is available for certain destinations and sectors and may not be available for online pre-purchase due to operational limitations. In this case, you can pay for excess baggage at the airport.
Zamzam water allowance:
- Kindly be advised that Saudia accepts a complimentary one gallon package of Zamzam water from Sogia factory that doesn’t exceed 5 litres for all passengers departing from King Abdulaziz International Airport in Jeddah, and Prince Mohammed Bin Abdulaziz Airport in Madinah only as a checked in baggage.
- On the other hand, please be informed that the rest of passengers who will travel from other domestic airports to domestic or international airports are allowed to carry one gallon package of Zamzam water as a part of their free allowed checked-in baggage and any excess weight will be charged and collected from the normal excess baggage rates.
Unchecked Baggage (Carry-On Baggage) Allowance
A. Cabin baggage
In addition to the free baggage allowance, Saudi Airlines may allow each passenger to carry hand baggage under his supervision and on free basis to be placed in closed overhead rack or under the seat in front of the passenger and cabin baggage tag should be labeled on it according to the following:
- For passengers departing from USA/Canada to Saudi Arabia only one carry-on baggage in all class of services not to exceed ( 16 pounds in weight and 45 inches in dimensions ).
- Saudi Arabian airline retains the sole discretion to determine, for purpose of the safety, the security or the comfort of other passengers(such as food &beverages) , whether any item of the baggage will be permitted in the cabin or carried as checked baggage.
- Check-in agent should notify the passenger connecting on SAUDIA that the free carry-on baggage may not be accepted at the connecting stations due to variation of aircraft types and in-sufficiency of over head racks.
B. Free Carry-On Items
Items carried free of charge in passenger’s custody and under his responsibility without a carry-on baggage tag affixed to it are the following:
- For security purposes all carry-on baggage will be checked by security officers for flights arriving and departing to/from USA and UK including all electronic devices (as Smart phones, Cameras, Laptops, I pads, smart watches ...etc.) Passengers will be asked to power up their devices at airport security. Powerless devices will not be permitted onboard the aircraft or confiscated.
- For all passengers who are traveling to/from USA and UK, it is necessary to charge their devices to avoid being banned by the airport security from carrying their baggage or electronic devices onboard the aircraft.
- Also, that Saudia doesn’t provide lockers for those devises and isn’t responsible in case of loss.
Excess Baggage with Conditions or Limitations
In the case where the passenger needs to carry luggage weighing more than 32 kg (70 lbs), and can not be separated into pieces (such as musical instruments / sports tools / medical equipment ... etc.), the passenger must notify Saudi Arabian Airlines in advance to take the necessary arrangements for the luggage to be transferred.
The Banned Carriage of Substances among the Luggage
For safety reasons Saudi Arabian Airlines prohibits carrying hazardous materials on its flights such as:
- Firearms, ammunition, swords, and knives.
- Explosives, incendiary materials, flammable, toxic substances, and compressed gases.
- For flights departing from or to the United States of America, Canada, and the European Union countries, there are additional security measures prohibiting the carriage of certain materials within the hand luggage in accordance with the following:
- All liquid materials, gels, toothpaste, liquid cosmetics, and perfumes.
- Cigarette lighters in both hand baggage and inspected luggage.
- In accordance with instructions received from Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC), the following items are not allowed absolutely in checked-in baggage, otherwise the checked-in baggage will be liable and held for search and remove the items by the airport security:
a. Prohibited items in checked-in baggage, such as :
- Lighters/ Lithium battery/Flammable Items.
- Mobiles , Notebook, Backup power, Power pack, Power case , Radio-controlled toy ,or any Rechargeable Items, Nail Polish , Mouse etc).
b. Allowable items in carry-on baggage, such as:
- Mobiles , Notebook, Backup power, Power pack, Power case , Radio-controlled toy and Nail polish etc.
- The items are allowed in hand carry bags with maximum of 2 pieces only.
c. Prohibited items in checked-in & carry on baggage, such as :
- Flammable items , e.g. lighter, Match, compressed gas etc.
- Detonators, electrical sticks and similar articles.
Prohibition of Lithium Battery Powered Self-Balancing Personal Transportation Device
To ensure the safety of guests, Saudia will no longer accept Lithium battery powered self- balancing personal transportation devices, for some examples of devices include: hover board, balance wheel, air wheel, solo wheel. These items will be prohibited as both carry-on and checked baggage on all domestic & international flights and all Saudia connecting flights according to IATA recommendations and Saudia Special Loads Board (SV SLB) restrictions.
If a guest carries a lithium battery powered self- balancing personal transportation device as illustrated in the above pictures to be taken on an aircraft as either a checked bag or carry-on, then:
- The guest will be notified that these items are prohibited on our aircraft due to the lithium battery that powers these devices.
- The guest will notice the device shall be denied to board, but never deny the guest from boarding the aircraft.
- The guest will notice that Saudia will not be responsible for shipping the device on behalf of the guest. The guest should be advised to make alternate arrangements or cargo shipment.
If an agent discovers a lithium battery powered self-balancing personal transportation devices in a guest's checked baggage after check–in, then the device will be removed from the baggage.