Baggage allowance to be transported free of charge for travelers with special needs:
Passengers who use wheelchairs or crutches may carry them on the flight.
Wheelchairs and crutches must be placed in the aircraft storage room and are to be delivered before boarding the plane.
Organ dialysis devices:
It is admissible for the passengers who rely on portable devices for dialysis to carry only one equipment free of charge on the flight.
The device is to be placed in the aircraft storage room.
Rationalized dogs may accompany blind and deaf passengers. They may be transported in the aircraft storage room provided they are in their proper cage.
Dogs are not allowed on the plane.
Infant carts are allowed to be carried as luggage, and are placed in the storage room of the aircraft.
Sporting Equipment and Musical Instruments
Saudia accepts Sporting equipment and musical instruments as checked baggage if it is properly packed or inserted in special bags and its weight shall be counted as a part of free checked baggage allowance, in case the weight and/or the dimensions are more than the standard free baggage allowance, excess baggage charge shall be collected as Saudia policy.
The banned carriage of substances among the luggage:
For safety reasons Saudi Arabian Airlines prohibits carrying hazardous materials on its flights such as the following:
- Firearms, ammunition, swords, and knives.
- Explosives, incendiary materials, flammable, toxic substances and compressed gases.
For flights departing from or to the United States of America and the European Union countries, additional security measures prohibit the carriage of certain materials within hand luggage, such as the following:
- All liquids, such as cosmetics and perfumes, are not allowed to be carried in checked baggage.
- It is not allowed to carry cigarette lighter in both hand baggage or in the checked baggage.
Prohibition of Lithium Battery Powered Self-Balancing Personal Transportation Device
To ensure the safety of guests, Saudia will no longer accept Lithium battery powered self- balancing personal transportation devices, for some examples of devices include: hover board, balance wheel, air wheel, solo wheel. These items will be prohibited as both carry-on and checked baggage on all domestic & international flights and all Saudia connecting flights according to IATA recommendations and Saudia Special Loads Board (SV SLB) restrictions.
If a guest carries a lithium battery powered self- balancing personal transportation device as illustrated in the above pictures to be taken on an aircraft as either a checked bag or carry-on, then:
- The guest will be notified that these items are prohibited on our aircraft due to the lithium battery that powers these devices.
- The guest will notice the device shall be denied to board, but never deny the guest from boarding the aircraft.
- The guest will notice that Saudia will not be responsible for shipping the device on behalf of the guest. The guest should be advised to make alternate arrangements or cargo shipment.
If an agent discovers a lithium battery powered self-balancing personal transportation devices in a guest's checked baggage after check–in, then the device will be removed from the baggage.