United States Visa
For more than 50 years, the United States of America has required visas to study, visit, or conduct business in the U.S. While changes have been made recently to U.S. visa law, many procedures remain the same.
Applicants from 14 – 79 years old
Step 1: Learn more about obtaining a US visa and the type of visa that is appropriate for your travel needs, please visit the following website: Travel.state.gov
Step 2: Complete the online via application form DS-160, please visit:
Consular Electronic Application Center
But, the applicant must provide a photo with the following specifications (before filling the form):
- Recent color photos (size 5x5cm ,white background, jpg format, between 1200x1200 and 600x600 pixels), which means that the file size is less than 240kb.
- The man in the photo must be without head cover and the face to the camera, for the women the hair and ears must be visible.
- Print the DS-160 confirmation page, including the bar code confirmation number. The DS-160 confirmation number will need to be entered into the appointment system to complete the scheduling of the visa application interview.
Step 3: Schedule an interview appointment with Visa point, ksa.us-visaservices.com
Applicants under Age 14
Applicants under 14 years old who hold Saudi Arabian passports do not need to appear for an interview. Parents can either bring the following documents with them to their visa interview, or FedEx the documents to the Embassy in order to apply for their child’s visa:
- The child's own passport (family passports are no longer accepted).
- 5x5cm photo of child with eyes open (if uploaded into DS-160, photos must be a .jpg between 600x600 and 1200x1200 pixels, less than 240kb, and cannot be digitally altered).
- A completed DS-160 form.
- Visa Fee Receipt from SAMBA.
- Birth certificate.
- A copy of the valid visa of both parents OR a passport copy from the non-traveling parent with a letter stating no objection to the child's travel.
- For children of students (F2): a copy of the child's I20.
- Return FedEx airway bill.
- Please send your documents to the location nearest you (Embassy Riyadh, Consulate General Dhahran or Consulate General Jeddah), as in some circumstances the parents of a minor applicant may be requested for an in-person interview.
Please note that the parents of applicants under 14 years old who are holders of passports from countries other than Saudi Arabia (i.e. who are passport holders of another country) are required to appear for an interview on behalf of the child and should bring the documents mentioned above. These appointments should be scheduled in the name of the child on the regular visa appointment website.
If you were born in the United States
Please note that if you were born in the United States you may be a U.S. citizen and should apply for a U.S. passport. For more information please consult the Embassy’s website at U.S. Embassy & Consulates in Saudi Arabia.
Required Documents for interview
- Current passport valid for at least 6 months from the date of issuance of visa.
- Previous passports, if there was a previous travel.
- Printed paper to confirm the appointment of the form DS -160.
- Two recent colored photo with white background size 5x5cm taken during six months at the most (the same one that uploaded to the form DS -160).
- Bank statement for the last six months at least (in English).
- Employer letter – (specifying the reason of the journey, applicant salary, position in business)(In English).
- Receipt of payment of visa fees from Saudi American Bank.
For any inquiries in case of Visa delay or for any other inquiries:
United States Embassy in Riyadh
Embassy of the United States Dhahran
United States Embassy in Jeddah