Medical Certificates (MDIF)
Under certain conditions, Saudia may require you to present a medical certificate from your doctor. The passenger will need to carry a Medical Statement Information Model (MEDIF) filled by the passenger’s attending physician or issued by the medical services to the transportation companies. Note that the model is only valid for (10) days from the date of signing by a competent doctor.
These conditions includes:
- Having a communicable disease or infection
- Having a medical condition that gives reasonable doubt that you can complete the flight safely without extraordinary medical assistance during flight
- The presence of the passenger may cause discomfort to other passengers due to his physical or behavioral status.
- The presence of the passenger may cause delays to the flight schedule, including the possibility of changing the flight rout or emergency landing
- The passenger can not rely on himself and requires full assistance during the flight.
- The passenger needs special medical attention and/or special devices to maintain his health during the flight.
You may download the Standard Medical Information Form For Air Travel (MEDIF) by clicking here.
Medical Oxygen Services
- Saudi Arabian Airlines provides free medical oxygen on its flights only if the arrangements were requested in advance. It is not permissible for passengers with special needs to carry their own oxygen devices on the plane.
- In the case where the passenger needs medical oxygen before and after the flight, they must provide the required medical oxygen themselves.
- The passenger must be accompanied by a person who is fully knowledgeable with the operations of the oxygen system to help them through the flight.
Renal Failure Patient's Passengers
Saudi Arabian Airlines gives (240) kg as an extra weight allowance for medicines and medical equipment free of charge in addition to the amount of free baggage allowance according to the degree of travel. The patient has to carry a medical certificate from the hospital stating that they are renal failure patients.
Acceptance of Pregnant Passengers
It is the duty of pregnant passengers to advise " Saudia " of the progress of their pregnancy at the point of booking of seat and at the check-in counter. The carriage of pregnant passengers is subject to the following conditions:
- Pregnant ladies are authorized to travel up to the 8th month without medical clearance.
- Medical clearance will be required if:
a) Child birth is expected in less than 4 weeks.
b) Uncertainty exists over the progress of the pregnancy and the date of delivery.
c) There were previous multiple births childbirth complications are expected.
d) The medical certificate must be issued within 10 days of the flight date.
- The lady will be refused carriage if the pregnancy is 35 weeks and above.
After week (32) of her pregnancy, the pregnant woman should provide a medical certificate (MEDIF) filled in by a competent doctor. The form is valid for a period of (10) days from the date of issue.
You may download the Air Travel For Pregnant Ladies form by clicking here if she is less than 32 weeks pregnant, or you my download the MEDIF by clicking here if she is over 32 weeks pregnant. Both forms must be filled and signed by a physician.