The transfer of domestic animals and pets
Saudi Arabia Airlines allows the transfer of pets when placed in a cages and be accompanied by a health certificate proving that they are free of disease as well as a certificate that allows their transport within or across the country if the different conditions of transport as follows:
- Allows transfer of cats and small birds with the passenger on board with limited cage weight allowance of (5 kg).
- Dogs are transported in the plane stores of all Saudi aircrafts except aircraft model (AB300/MD90/B737) because of the lack of ventilation system inside the plane stores.
- Trained Dogs (for the blind and hearing persons) are transported in plane stores without collecting any additional fees from the passenger.
- For the other transfer of animals (large size / wild) can be accepted to be transported only by air freight after it meets the requirements of regulations by the air freight.
- Under regulations of the National Authority for the Protection of Wildlife and Development in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the import, export or transfer of all living organisms and fungal products is not allowed. It is permitted only after obtaining a written approval. The necessary permit may be obtained through the following address :
You can obtain the necessary permits to the following address:
The National Authority for the Protection of Wildlife and Development
P.O. Box 61681
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia