Saudi Ministry of Health Requirements
First: requirements must be met before obtaining a visa for the Hajj and Umrah
- Yellow Fever:
- Pilgrims coming for Hajj and Umrah from declared Yellow Fever infected countries (listed below) are to provide vaccination certificate, which is valid against the disease according to the International Health Regulations stating vaccinated against the disease before the arrival of the Kingdom no later than (10) days and not more than (10) years.
- According to the International Health Regulations all aircrafts, ships and various means of transportation coming from countries infected with Yellow Fever are required to declare a valid certificate stating extermination and termination of insects (mosquitoes) from board.
Yellow Fever endemic countries are:
Angola - Benin - Sudan - Senegal - Burkina Faso - Central African Republic - Cameroon - Burundi - Chad - Uganda - Congo - Côte d'Ivoire - Sierra Leone - Somalia - Ethiopia - Democratic Republic of Congo - Gabon - Gambia - Ghana - Guinea - Equatorial Guinea - Guinea Bissau - Togo - Kenya - Liberia - Stoma and Principe - Mauritania - Niger - Nigeria - Rwanda - Tanzania - Mali - Ecuador - French Guiana - Guyana - Brazil - Bolivia - Suriname - Peru - Panama - Trinidad and Tobago - Venezuela - Colombia - Argentina - Paraguay.
- Meningococcal Meningitis:
- For people from all over the world:
Every pilgrim coming for Hajj or Umrah, or for seasonal work areas from any country is requested to provide a certificate of vaccination effective against meningitis benefit vaccinated against the disease (before coming to the Kingdom) ( of the duration of not less than 10 days and not more than 3 years) to take over the health in the country next to him to check the completion of the vaccination of adults and children from the age of two years and more with a single dose of the vaccine four ACYW135)).
- coming from countries of the African belt:
Namely: Sudan - Mali - Burkina Faso - Guinea – Guinea Bissau - Nigeria - Ethiopia - Côte d'Ivoire - Niger - Benin - Cameroon - Chad - Eritrea - Gambia - Senegal - Africa Central.
In addition to the vaccine, vaccinated in their quartet, as mentioned above, health authorities in Saudi Arabia outlets will give them preventive doses (one dose of 500 mg of ciprofloxacin) in order to reduce the rate of pregnancy potential microbe.
- Countries that are still wildly infected are Requested by Saudi Arabia to vaccine children less than (15) years oral poliomyelitis vaccines, (Oral Polio Vaccine) before their coming to the Kingdom of six weeks and a certificate to prove that and will give them another dose of polio vaccine for children as oral on arrival to the Kingdom. Those countries are: Uganda - Kenya - Benin - Angola - Togo - Niger - Burkina Faso - Mali - Central African Republic - Chad -Côte-d'Ivoire - Democratic Republic of Congo - Sudan - Senegal - Mauritania - Sierra Leone - Guinea - Liberia - Cameroon - Burundi - Tajikistan and Uzbekistan.
- Request the next (all ages) of the endemic countries with polio, namely, (Nigeria, India, Pakistan and Afghanistan) vaccination with oral poliomyelitis vaccine (Oral Polio Vaccine) before coming to the Kingdom of six weeks and a certificate to prove that and will give them another dose of vaccine oral polio upon arrival to the Kingdom, regardless of age.
- Seasonal Flu:
The Saudi Ministry of Health Recommends that all coming for the Hajj or Umrah to get all the seasonal influenza vaccinations, especially people with chronic illnesses (heart disease, kidney disease, respiratory diseases, neurology, diabetes) and patients with immune deficiency congenital and acquired diseases, Metabolism diseases, pregnant women, people with obesity.
Secondly: health education
Health authorities should provide awareness to their pilgrims’, about all kinds of infectious diseases, symptoms, complications and methods of transmission and prevention, especially flu pandemic.
Prevents the entry of food brought by coming pilgrims to the Kingdom, including the ones in their luggage, unless they are packaged and sealed in containers or easily opened for inspection, and in quantities sufficient land next to the road distance only.
Fourth, Any other future measures
In the case of a health emergency that outbreaks an international concern of a disease, to international health regulations in any country which comes from a pilgrim, the health authorities of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia might have additional precautions against those pilgrims coming from that certain country, in coordination with the World Health Organization in a timely manner, in order to prevent the spread of the infection among the pilgrims of HAJJ and UMRAH, or to transport the infection to their countries.