1. The Alfursan Frequent Flyer Program (“Alfursan”) is operated by Saudi Arabian Airlines.
2. These terms and conditions govern the manner in which a Member may participate in the Alfursan Frequent Flyer Program.
3. Any changes as determined by the sole discretion of Saudi Arabian Airlines to these terms and conditions during the life of the Alfursan program shall amend these terms and conditions and be incorporated herein.
4. An individual may use one Alfursan Membership Card only. In the event a member is accumulating Alfursan Miles on two or more Membership Cards, the first Card registered with Saudi Arabian Airlines belonging to the individual will be the only valid Alfursan Membership Account. All other Alfursan Memberships, Cards and mileage will be cancelled.
5. Each Alfursan Membership Card is strictly personal. In case of misuse of the Alfursan Membership Card or use not in accordance with the Terms and Conditions, Alfursan Membership will be cancelled and all accumulated Alfursan Miles may be void.
6. Saudi Arabian Airlines reserves the right to terminate or change the Alfursan Program or any part thereof at any time, with or without prior notice. In the event the program termination, all Alfursan Miles accumulated by Members may be cancelled. Saudi Arabian Airlines will use reasonable effort to give members prior notice of termination of the program. Saudi Arabian Airlines shall not be liable for any loss or damage resulting from termination or change.
7. Member agrees that any tax or other liability incurred by member as a result of membership in the Alfursan program or use of any award, service, facility or benefit, from Saudi Arabian Airlines or from an Alfursan Partner will be the sole responsibility of Member.
8. Saudi Arabian Airlines is not responsible for postal delays and damages caused by the postal services of any country.
9. By applying for membership of Saudi Arabian Airlines Alfursan Program, a member has right to explicitly authorize Saudi Arabian Airlines and any of the organizations with which Saudi Arabian Airlines has made arrangements with in connection with and for a proper performance of the program to provide the stored information on Member to each other and to use such information for its respectively their marketing or communication purposes.
10. The Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and constructed in accordance with the laws of the Saudi Arabia. However, some local laws may prohibit participation in customer loyalty programs or require alterations in the rules applicable to the program. Saudi Arabian Airlines will not be liable when complying with such local laws.
11. Any misconduct, fraud or abuse by a Member concerning Alfursan may result in administrative or legal action, including cancellation of membership.
12. Membership is only open to individual persons aged 2 years or over; and is not available to Airline or Travel Agency staff.
13. Members must produce their membership card at point of sale and/or check-in to earn mileage with Saudi Arabian Airlines or with Alfursan Partners.
1. “Alfursan”, “Frequent Flyer Program” or “Program” means the program operated by Saudi Arabian Airlines whereby a Member will be Rewarded Mileage Credit and which may be used to acquire air travel and other benefits in accordance with the Member Terms and Conditions.
2. “Member” means person or persons who are or become registered in the Saudi Arabian Airlines Alfursan Frequent Flyer Program.
3. “Alfursan Partners” refers to any or all Airlines, Hotels, Car rental companies, Financial Institutions or other persons, which provide services, benefits, facilities or arrangements to Alfursan members as part of their Membership.
4. “Member Service Centre” means the dedicated resource allocated to handle all queries and provide assistance to all qualified Alfursan members.
5. “Terms and Conditions” means the Member terms and conditions of the Alfursan as published and amended from time to time.
6. “Membership Card” means the card that is issued to Member on meeting qualifying criteria for enrolment to Alfursan.
7. “Alfursan Reward Miles” means all Miles earned on Saudi Arabian Airlines flights, with Program partners, Alfursan Promotions. The Reward Miles are valid for a period of five years from the end of the year in which they were earned and may be redeemed against free travel and other offers as published from time to time.
8. “Mileage Credit” means miles allocated to Member in accordance with the Frequent Flyer Program which the Member may exchange for Rewards.
9. “Alfursan Rewards” means the benefits a member may acquire in exchange for Reward Miles earned in the Program.
10. “Statement” means the summary of a member’s transactions: ie for flights, with partners and for other activities.
11. “Alfursan World” means the Newsletter which is the core communications medium issued on a quarterly basis to members as per the statement criteria.
12. “Alfursan Status Miles” are the currency earned by members for the purpose of progressing to Silver or Gold Membership of Alfursan.
13. “Multi Class destinations” are destinations served by Saudi Arabian Airlines which have extra flexibility with the choice of fare and associated benefits including Alfursan Miles.
1. Application is open to members aged 2 years and over.
2. Application for members under 18 years old must be endorsed by their guardians
3. Customers can apply for enrolment in the program by returning a completed form. An application form will only be accepted when it is fully completed and signed by the applicant.
4. Blue membership is valid for life. Silver and Gold Membership are valid for a period of 12 months from 1st January to 31st December of the same year.
1. Upgrade to Silver and Gold tiers depends on the number of miles earned or sectors fl own in each calendar year.
2. Members who have earned sufficient Alfursan Status Miles or sectors fl own to qualify for an upgrade to Silver or Gold Membership within the calendar year will be upgraded and supplied with an upgrade membership pack.
3. Silver and Gold members must accrue the required miles or sectors fl own in each calendar year in order to retain their tier level. Gold or Silver members not accruing the required miles or sectors will be awarded Alfursan membership at the appropriate level.
4. The number of miles or sectors for each tier may change at anytime and at Saudi Arabian Airlines discretion and without prior notice.
5. The upgrade and downgrade policies may change any time at Saudi Arabian Airlines discretion and without prior notice.
6. Members upgrading to Silver or Gold level will retain the card expiry from their previous level of membership (Blue or Silver). When renewed, the member will be issued with a new card (Silver or Gold) valid until 31st December of the year issued.
7. Members who have earned sufficient Status Miles or sectors fl own to be upgraded, but are within 2 months of their card expiry date, will be upgraded in the system at their new membership level (Silver or Gold). Under these circumstances, affected members will not receive their new tier level Membership Pack until their previous membership card is renewed.
1. Status Miles are accrued by a member when flying with Saudi Arabian Airlines on a qualifying fare and are accumulated by a member over a calendar year and expire at the end of that year.
2. Alfursan Status Mileage Bonuses are accrued when traveling in a higher class of service. Bonus is issued as based upon the base mileage as presented in the Alfursan Membership Guide unless otherwise specified by Saudi Arabian Airlines as part of an Alfursan Promotion.
3. Alfursan Status Miles cannot be redeemed for Alfursan Rewards.
4. Reward Miles are accrued by a member when flying with Saudi Arabian Airlines on a qualifying fare or through Alfursan Partners.
5. Alfursan Reward Mileage Bonuses are accrued when traveling in a higher class of service. The bonus is based upon the purchased class of service and is issued according to the base mileage as presented in the Alfursan Membership Guide unless otherwise specified by Saudi Arabian Airlines as part of an Alfursan Promotion.
6. Alfursan Reward Mileage Bonuses are accrued for higher tier Alfursan members. Alfursan Tier Reward Mile bonus is issued according to the base mileage as presented in the Alfursan Membership Guide and any applicable class of service bonuses unless otherwise specified by Saudi Arabian Airlines as part of an Alfursan Promotion. Alfursan Reward Miles are valid for a period of 3 years from the end of the year in which they were earned.
7. Alfursan Reward Miles may be redeemed against free travel, class upgrade and other offers as published from time to time.
8. A Member must quote their membership number when booking, checking-in and flying with Saudi Arabian Airlines and/or any Alfursan Partner Airline. If a Member fails to provide the required membership information accurately this may result in the applicable mileage not being credited to the Member.
9. Mileage credit will be awarded according to the class of travel purchased, regardless of the class of service flown.
10. Mileage can only be accumulated once per flight per member regardless of the number of seats purchased.
11. Alfursan Members traveling on an upgrade reward ticket will qualify to earn mileage as based upon the class of service of the original purchased ticket.
12. Individuals traveling on travel industry reduced rates, non-revenue, free or award tickets or any other ticket not indicating a published fare do not qualify for Alfursan Miles credit.
13. Alfursan Miles are non-negotiable and are not transferable or redeemable for cash
14. The mileage activity, and mileage account balance of an Alfursan member, over a defined period, is communicated to the member in the Alfursan Mileage Statement which is produced on a quarterly basis.
15. Mileage cannot be earned on chartered flights.
16. Mileage cannot be earned on redemption tickets on Saudi Arabian Airlines.
17. Mileage can only be earned on Saudi Arabian Airlines and Program partner’s airline operated flights. Miles cannot be earned on code-share and marketing flights operated by non-airline Program partners.
‘Missing Miles’ claims
1. In the event that any transactions are not shown on a member’s statement (which occurred during the Statement period) then the member must claim for the missing transaction by either through the Alfursan website or completing a missing miles form which is mailed with the statement and send it to the Member Service Centre. If validated, missing transactions will appear on the member’s next statement. Members are advised to retain their boarding passes, legible copies of their tickets or proof of transaction until missing miles have been credited to their accounts.
2. Retrospective claims can only be made up to 180 days following the transaction date.
3. Any claims received which have a transaction date prior to the membership joining the Alfursan program will not be accepted.
4. For Alfursan Partner missing miles, the Member must claim for the missing transaction either through the Alfursan website or send a completed Missing Miles Form to the Member Service Centre. This will then be forwarded to the Alfursan Partner for validation.
1. Members who have applied as part of an accepted National Commercial Bank (NCB) or Saudi American Bank (SAMBA) Credit card will be automatically accepted as an Alfursan Member at the qualified tier level and will be issued with a Welcome pack upon completed processing of their application.
2. Mileage earned by Partner transactions may take around 60 days to be posted to your account. Saudi Arabian Airlines cannot take responsibility for the provision of this service from the Alfursan Partners.
3. Saudi Arabian Airlines is not responsible for withdrawal of any Alfursan Partners from the program or for the performance or nonperformance by such Alfursan Partners.
4. Saudi Arabian Airlines may not be held responsible for any Alfursan Partner not crediting miles to a Member’s account. The Member will have no claim whatsoever against Saudi Arabian Airlines for such miles.
5. Unless otherwise announced by Saudi Arabian Airlines and/or its Alfursan Partners, Alfursan Members who are members of other loyalty programs that offer awards, should note that Alfursan Miles can be accumulated for only (1) program per flight or transaction and should make this choice per flight/transaction, unless otherwise indicated. Some flights of our airline partners are operated by other carriers; those flights may not qualify for Alfursan Miles credit.
6. Saudi Arabian Airlines will make reasonable endeavors to ensure (but cannot guarantee) that services, benefits, facilities, and arrangements communicated to members from Alfursan Partners are available. Saudi Arabian Airlines will not be liable for any loss or damage, either direct or indirectly arising from the delivery or non delivery of such services, benefits, facilities or arrangements from Alfursan Partners.
7. Alfursan Members using the services, benefits, facilities or arrangements as offered by Alfursan Partners will be subject to the supplier terms and conditions in each case.
1. Members must have sufficient Alfursan Reward Miles available in their account to qualify for the selected Alfursan Reward.
2. To request a reward, make a booking with your local Saudi Arabian Airlines office, then complete the Alfursan Reward Request Form. If the reward is requested through the internet, it will be sent by email to the Alfursan Member Service Centre. Alternatively, the member should mail it to Alfursan Member Service Centre. Forms must contain the booking PNR number to allow processing of the reward request.
3. Important note when traveling to Multi Class destinations: Travel classes for Alfursan Reward tickets must be in one of the following classes (A, D, M) only.
4. Allow a minimum of 14 working days, from date receipt of your request, for the processing and ticketing to your request.
5. Once the reward has been processed the Alfursan Member Service Centre will confirm the booking details and reference number, by sending the Member a confirmation email.
6. The Member is responsible for payment of all taxes, passenger service charges, visa costs and any other customs or government imposed taxes applicable from the use of Alfursan Rewards. Any of such payments are non-refundable.
7. Alfursan Rewards are to be issued in the member name or one of his family members or friend only. Family members are (Husband, wife, father, mother, son, daughters, private driver and housemaid).
8. All Alfursan Rewards are subject to availability and restrictions may apply.
9. Redemption levels are subject to change, at any time without notice.
10. Reward miles cannot be re-credited to the members account once the Alfursan Reward is issued.
11. Open reward tickets cannot be issued and outbound and return flights must be booked at the same time. Alfursan Reward tickets cannot be waitlisted and should be confirmed.
12. One way flights will be issued at the rate of based upon 60% of the Alfursan Reward Mileage required for a return ticket on the same route (e.g. If the required Miles for a Reward Return Ticket is 25,000 Miles then a One Way ticket will be 15,000 Miles).
13. Alfursan Members requesting an Upgrade Reward must issue a copy of a valid previously purchased ticket on the requested upgrade route, along with their Alfursan Reward request.
14. Important note when traveling to Multi Class destinations:
a. If the members’ ticket (Y,B,M) and want to upgrade to (J/Class) = Reservation class should be = (D / Class).
b. If the members’ ticket (Y,B,M) and want to upgrade to (F/Class) = Reservation class should be = (A / Class).
c. If the members’ ticket (J,C,D) and want to upgrade to (F/Class) = Reservation class should be = (A / Class).
15. Alfursan Members requesting an Upgrade Reward will qualify to earn mileage as based upon the class of service of the original purchased ticket.
16. Members holding an ‘Economy Excursion’ class ticket or Special Fares will be required to redeem an additional 50% of the upgrade miles required for the selected route.
17. Alfursan Members will not qualify to earn Alfursan mileage when using an Alfursan Reward.
18. Alfursan Rewards involving Alfursan Partners will be subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Alfursan Partner.
19. Alfursan Rewards are valid for a period of one year from date of issue where after they will expire and have no value.
20. Other terms and conditions may apply.
1. Alfursan member can nominate up to 8 immediate family members: husband, wife, mother, father, son, daughter, and domestic driver or housemaid under the member’s sponsorship.
2. Enrolment in Family program is open to members aged 2 years and above, and through invitation from parent member.
3. Applicants applying for family membership for members under 18 years old must be endorsed by their guardians.
4. Customers can apply for enrolment in the program by returning a completed form. An application form will only be accepted when it is fully completed and signed by the applicant.
5. Family members can accrue Status Miles only when flying with Saudi Arabian Airlines on a qualifying fare. The accrued Status miles are accumulated by a member over a calendar year and expire at the end of that year
6. Family members can accrue Status Mileage Bonuses when traveling in a higher class of service. Bonus is issued as based upon the base mileage as presented in the Alfursan Membership Guide, unless otherwise specified by Saudi Arabian Airlines as part of an Alfursan Promotion.
7. Family members are not eligible to accrue Reward Miles when flying with Saudi Arabian Airlines on a qualifying fare or through Alfursan Partners. The Reward Miles will be credited to the parent account member only.
8. Parent member can cancel the participation of a family member at any time by giving written notice.
9. Participation in the Alfursan Family program indicates acceptance of the program terms and conditions. The parent member’s signature binds each family program member to the program.
10. A member may redeem Reward Miles for an Alfursan Reward ticket or an upgrade for one or more of his family members who are members of the Alfursan program and for the member’s friends or traveling companions.
1. Member information held by Alfursan includes the information which a Member provides in the Alfursan application form such as: Names; Addresses; Telephone and facsimile numbers and other personal contact details as provided by Members from time to time such as Email address; Date of birth, etc.
2. Transaction details include Miles accrual and Reward transactions relating to Alfursan.
3. Member information:
• will be retained and used by Alfursan or an Affiliate to ensure the efficient running of the program, including the crediting of Miles and the awarding of Membership Levels;
• may be disclosed as required by law;
• may be disclosed to a Alfursan Partner to assist that Alfursan Partner in the planning, marketing and development of Alfursan;
• may be used to send the member separate communications about services, products and facilities offered by an Alfursan Partner (unless the Member indicates otherwise).
4. By using his or her Membership card or quoting his or her Membership number (including to a Alfursan Partner), a Member consents to:
• the creation, maintenance and updating of the Member information; and
• the supply of the Membership information to an Affiliate or an Alfursan Partner.
Buy, Gift or Transfer Miles
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the Member and Alfursan with respect to the purchase, gifting or transfer of miles. The Agreement supersedes all prior or current agreements or understandings, if any, whether written or oral, relating to the subject matter.
- An Alfursan Member can only purchase, transfer or gift Reward Miles.
- An Alfursan Member may top up his or her; or a fellow members Account with additional Alfursan Miles by purchasing them from Alfursan online.
- An Alfursan Member may purchase or Gift, for them or for another member, up to a maximum of 40,000 Alfursan Miles in one calendar year.
- An Alfursan Member may Transfer Miles to another member, up to a maximum of 60,000 Alfursan Miles in one calendar year.
- Refund of payment, made in lieu of Miles purchased, transferred or gifted are not permitted.
- Re-credit of Miles Purchased, transferred or gifted is not permitted and neither Alfursan, Saudi Arabian Airlines nor any of its partners will be held responsible.
- Alfursan reserves the right to change the price of Alfursan Miles, impose additional restrictions on purchasing Alfursan Miles and/or conditions of obtaining Alfursan Miles at any time.
- An Alfursan Member may not sell his or her Alfursan Miles for cash or any other consideration and an Alfursan Member may not purchase Alfursan Miles from a third party.
- The recipient must enroll in the Alfursan Program or be an existing Alfursan member prior to being able to receive any such Miles are purchased, gifted or transferred.
- Miles purchased will expire 3 years from the date of purchase.
- Any improper usage of miles pursuant to this Agreement and the Buy Miles Program, or any other misuse of miles, shall be grounds for immediate confiscation and forfeit of such miles, and may be grounds for the forfeiture of all miles in the Alfursan Member's account and the Member's ejection from the Alfursan Program.
- The Alfursan Member's acceptance of the terms of this Agreement authorizes Alfursan to charge the credit card that such Member provides under the Buy Miles Program for the amount stated, based on the number of miles purchased by member at the rate mentioned. In the event of any mileage or financial discrepancy, the payment calculations under this Agreement shall be based upon data contained in Alfursan’s records, and the data in Alfursan’s records shall take precedence over the data in any other records.